29 June Getting ready

 Official leaving date is TOMORROW!

Aiming to leave Topsham at about 10.30am!!
We've had a very hectic couple of days getting the boats ready, finishing off the chartwork, and sending a bizillion emails.
A sponsorship deal for my electronics fell through at the last minute, so i was left with an out-of-date 2004 chart plotter.
Me and dad drove down to Plymouthon Monday to get an updated chart for it, and safety gear, however my chartplotter is so old that the new chip doesnt fit in anymore. I was either going to have to buy a new chartplotter, or go around with Navionics on my phone, the cheaper option.
Thank you so much to everyone that has been so kind and generous to me, and donated money and stuff. With your money, I have bought:
● a new Garmin chartplotter with updated chart of the British Isles, and depth sounder
● AIS linking up to the chartplotter, so everyone can follow me
● other safety equipment like flares, personal EPIRB, life jacket lights
● ropes and spare parts
Today is my last day in Topsham, so me and dad will spend the day installing and connecting all the new sytems, as well as loading the boats up with everything we (and the boat) need.

messy cockpit

new chartplotter



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aborted Azores trip in Karuna

Across the Channel for Paimpol festival

The Lovely Falanda - Up for Sale