30 June DEPARTURE DAY!!

 A massive thank you to EVERYONE who has supported me so far, for waving me off at Topsham or at Exemouth (I was amazed at how many people were there!), and for helping me out finacially.
A special thanks to:
-Andy Killock for AIS, (and chocolate)
- Taff for binoculators (fancy ones)
- Tom and Amelia for everything
- Kate Brodie for a dingy, PLB, and money
- Maria Whitton for money
- Pam for money, charts, and everything else
- Genny and Robbie Martin for charts, pilot books, and other boaty stuff
- Phil Marsh for sailing boots, and shoes
- Godfrey Whitehouse for charts and pilot books
- Mark Fishwick for almanac
- Trouts Boatyard, for craning, and for all the stuff you have done for me!
I am now on a mooring in Lyme Regis, with dad on amaryllis on another mooring nearby. We had (very) light winds all day, but it was the perfect day to start the trip, and so far, all is well!
Today I also got to sail with an Autopilot for the firt time, and I must say, they're great! The AIS is also amazing, and it was my first time sailing falanda with a chattplotter, and AIS.
Tomorrow we will be rounding the Bill, and going to Weymouth. Then I will be sorting emails, and passage planning for the next few harbours.
Unfortunitely, I forgot it is the round island race on saterday. Therefor, we will be passing on the one day that there is way over 1000 boats sailing through the solent, each boat needing to stay in Cowes (and other marinas nearby).


getting the main up

passing Exemouth docks


leaving Trouts pontoon


trying out the tillerpilot

sailing downwind

at sea!

on a mooring at Lyme Regis



Comments

  1. Nice calm seas at the moment, hope you get a whole more of that but with a bit of wind.
    Great start, keep up the good work.

    Nathan Peck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aborted Azores trip in Karuna

Across the Channel for Paimpol festival

The Lovely Falanda - Up for Sale