around Portland Bill

 Today, after a small oat explosion, we left from Lyme Regis at 8am, with no wind so had to motor-sail for a bit. The wind picked up soon enough though, so we had a great sail round the Bill, and along to Weymouth!

Portland Bill us one of the most major headlands on the whole trip, and if you dont time it right, it can quickly become very nasty. Luckily we had perfect conditions today, and had a lovely passage!
If you want to follow me as I go around Britain, you can find me on Marine Traffic, or Vessel Finder. Boats name is Falanda, and my MMSI number is 232036836.
My dads boat is Amaryllis, ans will be around 3 Miles behind me!
Also, i was on BBC spotlight tonight!!

moored up in Weymouth marina, with a new banner out, made by my mum,
Hazel McCabe

swirling tides at Portland Bill


slowing down to let Amaryllis catch up before entering the harbour

Amaryllis at Weymouth


approaching Portland Bill under sail


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aborted Azores trip in Karuna

Across the Channel for Paimpol festival

The Lovely Falanda - Up for Sale