To Islay

 We have made it to Port Ellen, after a great sail from Oban, 65 odd miles ago! 


The wind ended up picking up a bit as we sailed down the Sound of Jura, gusting a 5 - 6, so we were averaging 7/8kts through the water, and even touched 10kts over land!! Aproaching Port Ellen, it got a bit choppy, with water EVERYWHERE, so my last clean (dry) clothes got soaked in salt water!


 Despite that it was great fun, and although I didnt manage to get any photos or vidoes when the wind picked up, I had a great evening putting in and shaking out reefs. 


Once in port, I had not-such-a-great-time  cleaning up the boat, and wringing out bilge water from my sleeping bag!


 After a couple of hours of passage planning, and debating how to beat the Southerly coming in on Monday night, it looks like we may be due for a 30hr passage, all the way to Holyhead. Now me and dad have the fun job of replacing fuel and diesel filters in our engines, and topping up with water.


[VIDEO: I was very pleased to have the sails set so perfectly, that Falanda could sail herself, without a tillerpilot. I haven't managed to do this very often, whilst on a close reach, so happy to do so, whilst taking in the beauty of the Scotish Islands!


The jib seems to have slipped down a bit in the roller system, so the sails aren't setting properly, as shown in the video. I will try and sort it out tomorrow before we set off. ]


https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/falanda-roundbritain



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aborted Azores trip in Karuna

Across the Channel for Paimpol festival

The Lovely Falanda - Up for Sale