Public speaking at the Boat Show

 I had my first public talk at the Southampton Boat Show on Saturday, which, although completely terrifying, turned out alright! 


I managed to get all I wanted to say out, despite being so nervous that I said it in just over 20 mins, half the allocated time! Not sure if anyone could actually understand what I was saying, but they seemed to like the baby pictures, and I got to announce my next plan: The Mini Transat 2023! 


Immediately after I'd finished, it was @Murdoch McGregors turn, and he talked about his trip around Britain, as the oldest person to ever do so! He told his story brilliantly, and I was even invited up for some pictures with him, at the end! 


I got to spend the rest of the day walking round the boatshow, and of course, talking to as many people, and businesses, as possible! 


However, unfortunately I also have some bad news; after an sending an email to the Mini Transat organisers a while back, to make sure there isn't an age limit for the race, I got a reply back saying there are no restrictions. Yesterday, I emailed again, to double check, and got a less positive reply back, stating that you must be 18 to participate.


After reading all the classemini rules, (which say that participants under 18 only need parental permission), I am left wondering if this is the end of my plan for the 2023 event... or if, in the mad panic before this years race begins, there has been some confusion.


Yesterday afternoon was spent madly searching through every site I could find about the age restrictions, and feeling desperately heartbroken, as I obviously cannot change my age. Everything is on hold at the moment, untill I can find out the official age limit, but I will, of course update you all soon! 


(also I will be racing in Falanda next weekend, so any wooden boat owners in Torbay - watch out!!)










My new Sea Shepherds T-shirt


Murdoch's speech












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aborted Azores trip in Karuna

Across the Channel for Paimpol festival

Friday - Weymouth to Yarmouth, Isle of White