2022 so far...

 A little insight to what 2022 has brought for me and the lovely Falanda…


The year was started with a talk at Lympstone sailing club, which I felt went 100% better than the one I gave at the Southampton boatshow in September. I quickly got ‘in the flow’ and it seemed that words just ‘came’. 


This came as a real surprise to me, as I’d never thought I could actually enjoy standing up in front of a whole room full of people, talking solidly for almost an hour, however I enjoyed the whole experience and despite mis-naming the Isle of Man, I feel all went quite smoothly. (Maybe they were just a reaaaallyy nice audience..?)


My next talk was at Exe Sailing Club, in Exmouth which was slightly more nerve wracking, especially with the extra worry of a microphone. All was going well until they handed me the mic, which completely threw me, so I was perhaps concentrating a little too hard at first on just trying to be heard, and get my words across. Before long,  however I once again got ‘in the flow’, and I ended the night talking with a whole load of really interesting people. Members did also very kindly raise over £400 worth of donations, towards my future mini transat! 


The morning after this talk, falanda was lifted out of the water by Trout's Boatyard, who of course did a fantastic job. For the last 2 weeks, she has been out on the dry where I have been able to do some work on her before she gets trailered up to the BoatLife boatshow later this month! Many thanks to Exeter City Council for providing the boat storage! 


The boatshow is at the NEC in Birmingham, from the 17th to the 20th of febuary. Falanda will be a feature at the show, and on the 19th, I will be part of a live interview and chat on the main stage. I am also planning to head up for the grand opening of the show (featuring Pip Hare!) on the 17th!


My talk at Exe Sailing Club, surrounded by pictures of Olympic medalists!


Deep in thought during my talk at Lympstone sailing club, describing the moment I first saw Falanda..



My first sail of the year and last sail before Falanda got lifted out in January - daysail to Torquay


Photo by
 Tom Hurley


Falanda being lifted out - deck still frosty - at 8am!


Falanda's spot on the edge of the Quay





Undercoat and antifoul


Falanda (almost!) all painted




Out on Falanda at 7am - very cold!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aborted Azores trip in Karuna

Across the Channel for Paimpol festival

Friday - Weymouth to Yarmouth, Isle of White