Mini Transat dream

 After spending 8 weeks onboard the lovely falanda as I completed my circumnavigation of Britain last summer, I only fell more in love with solo sailing, and the excitement and chaos that comes with it.


So much so that I am now planning on sailing solo across the Atlantic, although this time not aboard Falanda, and not quite so alone! The Mini Transat is a solo transatlantic race, which I hope to take part in, in 2025.


For the race I will need to buy a mini 6.50, a little 21 foot racing boat, that is smaller, lighter and perhaps slightly faster than Falanda. Only problem is, the minis are part of a very special class, so are of course, highly expensive. At 14 years old, 50k is a very large sum of money to find, and with limited time until the qualifying races, I am realising that in order to do the necessary training and racing, I will need to be buying a boat sooner rather than later. 


I have briefly written up my plan of action in the attached page, which basically is to just get out as soon as possible, on the cheapest Mini Transat I can find before hopefully finding some major sponsors who can help me level up and get competitive once I have more experience with the class.


I thought that the day before the new Boatlife boatshow begins would be a great time to present my new fundraising idea for the Mini Transat. The boatshow is on at the NEC in Birmingham, from tomorrow until sunday the 20th, and Falanda will be there as a feature if you fancied popping up to see how amazing she looks out of the water! 


I would be really grateful if you would be willing to make a small donation toward my boat funds, so that my Mini Transat dreams may begin to come true.


https://gofund.me/7f91f2d9




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aborted Azores trip in Karuna

Across the Channel for Paimpol festival

Friday - Weymouth to Yarmouth, Isle of White